Fall Brush Clean-up will take place the week of October 2 and the week of October 9. Please review the guidelines below:
The following established guidelines will be the required criteria so Township residences may qualify for the 2023 Township Residential BRUSH Pickup:
- Only Brush collected from the Township Residence Parcel will qualify. No transferred brush or clippings from other locations (Boroughs or Townships)
- Residents must call the Township office, 717-359-7537, to arrange a pickup day and time.
- Brush will ONLY be collected during the dates posted on website.
- Any Trimmings piles or stacks will be NO larger than 12’ wide x 6’ high x 10’ in length or 720 cubic feet or less. Cut ends to be within 2’ of road edge with butt ends facing the roadway.
- Piles will not be allowed to be stacked in a location as to block street traffic view.
- Limbs shall not be larger than a 4” caliper at base. Any brush larger than 4” will be left and the resident will need to properly remove and dispose of within 15 days.
- Each resident is allowed one pile or 720 cubic feet per pickup. Multiple piles on same property will not be permitted . Brush must be neatly stacked.
- Any mass clearing will not qualify for this Township taxpayers service currently offered for the year 2023.
- Any large clearings of underbrush greater than these guideline specifications will become the responsibility of the homeowner to properly dispose of at the homeowner’s expense.
- Residential properties ONLY will qualify for this service. Commercial properties will not be eligible for this service.
- All mulching work will be completed within the Township right of way.
- Any trash, old furniture, or dimensional lumber will NOT be accepted. No brush or clippings shall contain nails, screws, or metal of ANY KIND! Ineligible material will be left on site.
- Township will not take township equipment onto private property unless there is a traffic hazard issue staging on the road. If so, then the Township will need to back onto the private drive in order to collect brush. Township will not be responsible for any driveway damage.
- Any Violation of brush pickup could remove said property from eligibility for future pickups for a Minimum of 5 YEARS.
- ANY PILES WHICH DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED WITHIN 15 DAYS FROM DATE OR BE SUBJECT TO FINE.
THE TOWNSHIP HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE THIS SERVICE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO BUDGETING, LABOR SHORTAGES, EQUIPMENT ISSUES, OR BECAUSE OF TOTAL DISREGARD OF TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS